Website Won't Load When Plugin is Active

WP-Filebase Pro Forums General Support Website Won't Load When Plugin is Active

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Droll
    Participant

When I have this plugin disabled via WordPress, my website runs normally. However when I enable the plugin, all pages load much slower, sometimes taking several minutes to load. Even pages that do not contain any file links or lists take a long time to load. Is this somehow related to the settings or otherwise easily fixable? With how slow it makes pages load, I definitely won’t be able to use this plugin unless I can find a way to help it load pages faster.
    If it is relevant, we are currently using IIS 7.5 and PHP 5.3.24

Jeff Droll
    Participant

A slight correction about my post yesterday. The website only slows down when more than one person is trying to access it. When the plugin is active, any time more than one person tries to load the website at the same time, one person is able to access all of the pages normally but every other person has to wait a long page to get any one page to load.

Fabian
    Participant

There are some issues with WP-Filebase Pro running on IIS.

To track down the loading time, open Chrome Developer Tools and check the Network tab to see what if its the actual site or a resource (CSS) that slows down the site.

Jeff Droll
    Participant

I loaded the page with the Network tab open and got the icture as the results. The longest loading file was “wp-filebase_css.php?rp=wp-content%2Fuploads%2Ffilebase&ver=3.1.10” which appears to be the CSS file for WP-Filebase. Is there a certain part of this file that would take a long time to load? I am willing to lose some of the formatting if it means the page will load faster.

Nework tab in chrome on site

Fabian
    Participant

CSS loading takes some time because a PHP file handles the style loading and the whole WordPress environment needs to be loaded. I will change this in the next update so the CSS file is stored in a static file.
    In the meantime you can replace line
    wp_enqueue_style(WPFB, WPFB_PLUGIN_URI."wp-filebase_css.php?rp=$upload_path", array(), WPFB_VERSION, 'all');

with

wp_enqueue_style(WPFB, WPFB_PLUGIN_URI."wp-filebase.css", array(), WPFB_VERSION, 'all');

in classes/Core.php

Regards
    Fabian

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.