Seeing "add category" and "add file" on front end

WP-Filebase Pro Forums General Support Seeing "add category" and "add file" on front end

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Maureen
    Participant

Hi,

On pages where I have Wp-Filebase Pro category folders, I now see “add category” and “add file” with big plus signs on the front end. How do I shut this feature off? Image attached; area highlighted in yellow.screenshot

Thanks.

Fabian
    Participant

Why would you like to turn this off? This is only displayed when you have the permission to upload a file or add a category.

cmaudano
    Participant

I’m torn between if we need it and if you don’t need that option on. I guess it’s more of a training issue than anything because I don’t just want everybody creating categories. So far it’s okay so no issues.

Maureen
    Participant

Fabi, It’s more of a visual clutter concern for me — primarily with our intranet, which many people can access to upload files.

Also, as cmaundano said, we don’t want just everybody creating categories — that would be a real mess.

While having that front-end access to create categories and upload files is a convenience for a few of us, overall it complicates the look of the file structure for many users, and may tempt some to play where they shouldn’t.

So if it could be toggled on/off, that would help.

Fabian
    Participant

The Add File/Category links are only shown if permission is granted. Hiding these will not necessarely prevent the user from creating categories, as they can do it through the backend. So if you set permissions right, the links will disappear.
    However, I understand that it some cases it might be confusing to have the Add… Option on frontend and its easier to “mess” arround with categories. Will add an option

rwickham
    Participant

I would like to add to this conversation. I too would like to turn these options off. I want my users to add descriptions and tags and choose a category. The upload link under the category tree skips all of that and just uploads the file to the root category.

Fabian
    Participant

An option has been added to Pro 3.3.2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.