Curl and open_basedir/safe_mode?

WP-Filebase Pro Forums Remote Sync Curl and open_basedir/safe_mode?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fafdk
    Participant

Hi Fabian

I have the following error when I try to remote sync:

[05-Aug-2013 10:32:18] PHP Warning: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /var/www/web/wp-content/plugins/wp-filebase-pro/extras/amazons3/S3.php on line 2137

I’m running with “open_basedir=on” my dev-host, as well using Fast-CGI. I do NOT have safe_mode on.

I can see that you have the following in ../amazons3/S3.php:
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);

Someone here is suggesting a workaround:
    http://slopjong.de/2012/03/31/curl-follow-locations-with-safe_mode-enabled-or-open_basedir-set/

I’m not a PHP guru, so I’m a little confused here.

Is there something I can do to prevent the error, as I do not want to disable open_basedir?

Thx

FAF

fafdk
    Participant

I will move my dev-site to my host at the datacenter, to see if it can make it work a little better. Here at home I’m running an old Debian Squeeze, at the datacenter I have a CentOS 6 running. Furthermore I have 100Mbit/s there and 10Mbit/s here 🙂 – so the sync should perform better at the datacenter.

At Amazon S3 I have a bucket full of folders with mp3’s, all sorted and all. When I sync with S3, all I get is one file per folder at most. It would be nice if I just could import the folder-tree as is, but I think the curl error is stopping the process.

Thx for now.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by fafdk.
    Fabian
    Participant

Hi FAF,

are there actually issues with the S3 sync? It should work fine, even with the warning, since S3 server does not usually redirect.

I think commeting out the line

//curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);

in S3.php
    is better than the workaround because this makes 2 HTTP requests if open_basedir is on.

Let me know if it works.

Regards
    Fabian

fafdk
    Participant

Hi Fabian

Yes, it runs a little more smooth with the option disabled. I still need to understand how the plugin utilizes the categories, which maybe is a part of my problem, so I need to read some more.

Thank you for your answer.

/FAF

Fabian
    Participant

Will be fixed with next update.
    /Closed

fafdk
    Participant

OK, thx. Didn’t see this message before writing in the setup section. Nice.

/Closed 🙂

fafdk
    Participant

Thank you for fixing the issues, it looks good and works as intended. Also the Categories are created as they should. All in all a perfect update. Thx.

/Closed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.